It's almost midnight and I really should be in the bed. I am so tired but wanted some computer time while it is quiet. I spent most of the day at the hospital with my sweet nephew and his parents. I have been playing lactation consultant--not an easy job. Brayden is doing great for a brand new baby. I got to lay with him on my chest for about two hours tonight. He had had a busy day with lots of visitors and needed some uninterrupted sleep time. I bundled him like a burrito and put him on my chest for a long winter's nap. I watched the Superbowl and slept through part of the Superbowl during this time. (Great game!) I spent the first third of the day and the last third at the hospital and the middle here at home. We had a big family meal--my mom can cook let me tell you. My Uncle and his wife also came over. We don't see them often so it was great to visit with them. He might be reading this blog now--Hi Uncle Charles! Tomorrow should be a somewhat normal day--whatever normal is. We are hoping that Ryan, Mandy, and Brayden can come home from the hospital tomorrow. I had big plans to have regular school time but right now I can't imagine that happening. We'll see...
If you are a praying person, keep the baby and mom in your prayers--to get rest and the feeding thing figured out.
3 comments:
I had a long epidural with E, and I absolutely believe it affected his early feeding ability--he was SO sleepy and uninterested. I couldn't have made it without my wonderful LC! If you run out of ideas, let me know and I'd be happy to brainstorm. Love to all!
I had a rough 2 weeks with Grace, but after that we had no problems. i just want to encourage her to not give up.
Michelle, I agree with you about the epidural. Same thing happened with H and he wouldn't wake up for anything. I needed a LC but wasn't so lucky. No pain meds with the next 2 and they had no trouble at all! And epidurals are supposed to be so "safe". I hope it gets better for her (them) soon.
Post a Comment