Home again, home again like a fat pig. That's how I feel tonight. After Chocolate chip muffins for breakfast, Wendy's for lunch, and lots of dark chocolate covered almonds I should feel like a fat pig. I left Georgia at 6 am and arrived home at about 1:30. It was an uneventful trip thankfully. I am always a little nervous traveling alone with three kids. I hate the thought of getting a flat tire or having car trouble and being stuck on the highway with three children to be responsible for. I pray a lot!
We had a great visit in Georgia, we always do but I have to say there is no place like home. I love my house, my cute little town, my bed, and the list goes on. If only my family would move here it would be perfect.
So, tomorrow I start the first week of my four week experiment. I have a host of minor health issues--psoriasis, sebhorric dermatitis on my scalp, an arthritic finger, achy hips, and plantar fascitis in both feet. My chiropractor has told me that I have a very inflamed body. So, after some research by Kiwi--I've decided to try an anti-inflammatory diet. The hardest part will be no sugar and no artificial sweeteners. The hardest thing to give up will be Caramel Macchiatos--my favorite! The other things aren't so bad--the main ones are no beef, no pork, no white pasta, or white bread, nothing fried, and no peanuts. I made a menu today that included whole grains, vegetables, and chicken. I won't have to starve but will have to plan. I figure in four weeks I should have some idea of whether or not it is helping. If it is then I will need to continue keeping these things out of my diet but can have a cheat every once in a while. I am hoping that in addition to having these issues cleared up I might also lose some weight. We'll see... If you are a praying person pray for me to be nice during the sugar withdrawal.
5 comments:
I bet you will feel a lot better even if it doesn't help any of your issues.
Keep those menus written down...for me to borrow if you see improvement :-). Of course, I'll have to figure out the veggie thing.
Welcome home! We missed you! I'll pray for your diet...
Welcome back it seemed like you were never coming home
Glad you are safe and sound. Good luck on the cleansing diet. Hope it works. You can stick to it. It is good for you, right???
Post a Comment