

Tuesday night we celebrated Joe's birthday. He had requested hotdogs, hamburgers, and mac'n cheese. I was hoping he would forget the hamburger part. I do not make a good hamburger and I am trying not to eat them right now SO--I had the brilliant idea to just go to McD's and get three $1 double cheeseburgers. The kids loved it and I didn't have to do any extra cooking. To go with my quest to eat healthier I bought turkey franks and skipped the burgers and mac'n cheese. Instead I sauteed some vegetables--asparagus, purple onion, bell pepper, and mushrooms for Ollie and I and cooked a couple of sweet potatoes. We had the cupcakes for dessert again--I never got around to making a different dessert and Joe ate a cupcake in the afternoon and enjoyed it so I figured we could just have those. After dinner he opened his gifts. We got him a light for his new Game Boy Advance (a hand me down from my nephew) and the Lego Star Wars game for it. I also wrapped up three new t-shirts. He was less than thrilled with those but they were on sale and I bought them that day so why not wrap them up??? I forgot to mention that he got the "Do you know what I like about you?" plate at dinner. That means we all go around and tell him what we like about him. We use this plate whenever we have birthdays, often when we have guests, and sometimes just because. I even give it to myself sometimes when I need to hear some encouraging words.
No comments:
Post a Comment