Thursday, February 7, 2008

Homemade Skirt



I made Grace's Valentine skirt tonight. It is definitely homemade. I got to the last tier and realized that I was about 5 inches short of fabric. I was eager to have it done, she was eager to wear it tomorrow, so I slapped on an extra 5 inches of a different fabric and finished it up. I MIGHT try to get more of the other fabric and fix it later. We'll see. I think it adds to its homemade charm. There is no doubt about that. The important thing is that she loves it and I think it's pretty cute. It's very full and super twirly.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE the new skirt.

crispy said...

LOVE the skirt. So cute. I don't have a sewing machine right now. But I do enjoy making things.

Leisa said...

Very cute, I would leave the fabric it looks like it was designed to be patchworky, and have different fabric tiers. You are encouraging me to start Liv's

Randi Sue said...

Great job. I think it looks nice like that.

5Gustos said...

It doesn't look like a mistake. It looks like it was intentional! Beautiful.