Friday, February 1, 2008

Packing

I am leaving for Georgia in the morning to welcome my new nephew into this world.  He is scheduled to be born on Monday morning.  I will post some pics!

I am packing.   Thank you to Julie and Caryn for taking my kids for the day.  I am no good at packing light.  I bring a little bit of everything.  I wish I were better at this.  I just don't want to get there and wish I had brought this or that.  I went back and forth all week trying to decide whether or not to take school with us.  I had initially thought that we would take the week off but I can't bear to do that.  I feel like we are never going to finish.  I should actually have more time to school while I am there because we will be home every morning and everybody else will be at work.  So, that is all packed as well as some sewing for the girls.  I purchased a kit and am eager to do it with the girls.  You can see it here.  I've also been inspired by Leisa and so want to sew Grace a Valentine skirt while I am there.  I have big plans but I probably won't get any of it done.  It doesn't hurt to be prepared though does it?  I am not good at just sitting.  I do not watch tv, I don't relax very well so I need to have plenty to keep me busy.  Of course I can sit and relax and hold a brand new baby--no problem!

My  thoughts are scattered and as I reread that last paragraph....well, my thoughts are a bit scattered.  Next time I write it will be from Georgia!  Pray for safe travel for me tomorrow.

3 comments:

Randi Sue said...

You are blessed to be able to spend the time with your new nephew and family. Enjoy!!

Julie said...

You're welcome, the big kids are playing DOGOPOLY right now. Jake and Joe are playing with cars and listening to Schoolhouse Rock.

crispy said...

Hope your time is great. And that you get all your things done.

Great to meet you at the nature place.

You have been tagged. Swing by my blog to find out.

-Cris