Sunday was easily just as busy as Saturday but a little more "fun." Grace and I went to church and then ran some errands and then off to a skating party. Grace loves to skate. She is getting better and better. It would help if I took her more often...
Anyway, the party was fun and Grace loved the skating. After that we came home where I quickly made myself a sandwich (since there is NO fast food I can eat right now) and we headed out to Disney. The girls' theatre director just recently got the job of Tinkerbell--the one that flies from the castle during the fireworks. She was flying at 10 pm last night and Grace and I were going to watch. It was fun arriving at Disney at 7. We are not usually there at night because we usually arrive early. I couldn't believe the crowds--there were a ton of people there. I talked to someone who said that in Connecticut and probably some other northern states they have the whole week off of school. In spite of the crowds we went on Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain (and got soaked), and It's a Small World. We also got to see Mickey's Philharmagic--awesome show if you are ever at Disney, it is a must see! Then we watched Ms. Amanda fly and headed straight for home. It was really a great night and soooo easy with only one child. I have enjoyed my time with Grace. I wish I had a weekend alone with each child once or twice a year. It has really been great. She's not competing for attention and I can focus on just her. With that said--we will both be thrilled to welcome the rest of our family home this afternoon. We have missed them.
5 comments:
I met a family at the YMCA pool that was on winter break. They live in New Jersey.
It sounds like you guys had an exciting weekend!
How much FUN! I want to be Tinkerbell just once and fly down that cable...I'm so jealous of the girls' theatre director! :) Yep...President's week is always crazy at Disney. Doug's mom will be down on Friday, but we're going to wait until next week to go to the parks. I'm glad you got some nice alone time with Grace...she'll always remember this weekend, I'm sure.
Looks like you have been busy.
It's "assists in the portrayal" of Tinkerbell in official Disney lingo :-). You wouldn't want to shatter anyone's idealistic pixie-dust-filled fantasy about the characters being real, would you?
I wish I had known that the week of Presidents' Day is always crazy!! We just went to Disney yesterday for our first time ever, and it was SO crowded. We could have easily waited a week to go then. Oh, well!
Post a Comment