Monday, February 18, 2008
Wow! What a weekend--part 2
So, as soon as O, H, and J left for the airport I took Grace to theatre and then left for the rehearsal of a wedding I was in Saturday. I was a bridesmaid in my friend Lynne's wedding on Saturday. We had rehearsal and dinner on Friday. I enjoyed the dinner and time to get to know her husband to be a little bit more. He is really a nice guy. My aunt and uncle picked Grace up from theatre and took her home to spend the night and next day with them. So--that means I slept totally alone in my house. I haven't done that in more than 8 years. Unbelievably, I was totally at ease. I guess I have finally grown up and can sleep in my own house alone without being terrified. Of course, it was more than that--I spent some time praying for peace and not to be in fear. I don't know why it is but when Ollie is here I am perfectly comfortable taking the trash out, going out to the car, whatever no matter how late it is. But, when he is gone I would never go outside in the dark. My imagination has "bad guys" all over the place just waiting to get me. It's really silly. So, my night went smoothly and I was in bed by 10. I got up early and went to Steph's--she did my hair and makeup for the wedding. The rest of the day was spent at the wedding. It was a very pretty wedding. Lynne's dress was beautiful as were her daughters. Her mom made all three! I was impressed. I didn't get a picture of Lynne. I took almost no pictures--I know, I can't believe it either. I knew I would regret it but I didn't want to carry around my camera and I didn't have my purse with me much. So, that was Saturday. I got to my aunt's house at about 6:30 and then had dinner with them. I had been so stressed that when I finally relaxed I really relaxed and got a little goofy. We had a lot of laughter at the dinner table. It was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment