Thursday, September 20, 2007

100 Things About Me!

Keeping with blogging tradition, this is my 100th post so here it is. I've been working on this list for a week, it's not easy!

1. I am 36 years old.
2. I am a christian and have been really walking with Jesus for about 15 years.
3. I was born and raised in Georgia.
4. I moved to New Mexico to go to school my Junior year of college.
5. I only planned to be there a semester on a student exchange program but stayed for 5 years.
6. That's because I met my husband there.
7. We lived there for a year after getting married.
8. When we decided to move we opened up a map and started talking about where we would like to live.
9. We almost ended up in Idaho.
10. We decided to move to Florida so he could grow tropical fruit trees.
11. We have about 40 different fruit trees, plants, and vines in our yard.
12. I have a black thumb and am no longer allowed to purchase plants for our yard.
13. I love to read.
14. I read about a book a week usually although not so much lately because...
15. I love to sew and am really into it now.
16. I almost always really mess something up the first time I try to make it because I dive into everything without really thinking it through.
17. I usually get it right the second time.
18. I am not at all a perfectionist but wish I was in some areas.
19. I like to keep my house neat but it's not always clean.
20. We lived in this house for about 3 years before I thought to clean the baseboards.
21. I can't remember the last time I really cleaned them.
22. Back to reading--I like to read a little bit of everything except romance.
23. I love suspenseful novels but seldom read them because I get interrupted so much.
24. Probably one of my all time favorite books is "Papa's Wife" by Thyra Ferre Bjorn.
25. Another all time favorite is "A Tree Grows in Brooklyn" by Betty Smith.
26. I've read both of those twice, something I basically never do.
27. I have a horrible temper.
28. When I get really mad I love to slam cabinet doors in the kitchen and throw things.
29. Ollie has mostly put a stop to that behavior.
30. He is probably the only one in the world besides my kids who have seen me lose my temper. I guess my parents and sister and brother have seen it to.
31. I pray about this a lot and daily pray for patience particularly with my sweet third child who seems to know the buttons to push.
32. If I lose my temper with my children I always apologize. I think that is very important. I never spank them in anger.
33. I just yell.
34. I hate when I yell and always feel guilty about it.
35. I love to cook.
36. I love to try new recipes.
37. I try so many new things that I forget to make things again when we all love it.
38. I am trying to start making some of the same things that we all love, it certainly is easier.
39. I cook a lot of Asian food.
40. I think noodles or rice, vegetables, some sort of meat, and the right asian sauce is the perfect meal.
41. I have endless varieties of the above that I make at least once or twice a week.
42. I don't bake much because I have very little self control when it comes to sweets.
43. I have no self control if I have good ice cream in my freezer.
44. My favorite ice cream is "Oh Fudge, Oh Nuts" at Publix.
45. I think it can speak to me from my freezer reminding me that it is there.
46. I am most likely to eat ice cream for breakfast, I figure I have all day to burn off all that fat.
47. I love cold pizza and cold chinese food for breakfast and ice cream of course.
48. I make a lot of Thai food for Ollie and I (not lately but I have in the past).
49. If Joe had been a girl his name would have been Lydia Rose.
50. If Grace had been a boy her name probably would have been Henry.
51. We knew Hannah was a girl so didn't have any boy names picked out.
52. I don't normally like to watch TV.
53. Almost nothing really keeps my interest for long, I have so many other things I'd rather do.
54. I did watch a season of 24 though but it was on DVD so I could watch a couple at a time.
55. It was still really hard for me to just sit and watch it so I put the little TV in the kitchen and watched it while I cooked and did dishes.
56. I love Little House on the Prairie.
57. I think I've seen every episode of The Brady Bunch. I watched it in the afternoons after school.
58. The only show Ollie and I consistently watch now is The Office. I loooooove it, it cracks me up!
59. I have now found my first gray hair.
60. As soon as I start to see more I plan to dye my hair a dark auburn color.
61. I've never dyed my hair before.
62. I worked at Baskin Robbins in high school.
63. I was a high school math teacher for 4 years before having kids.
64. I taught one year in New Mexico.
65. I taught three years in Florida.
66. My mom was 16 when I was born and my dad was 19.
67. They are still married.
68. I've been to Italy and Scotland.
69. My dream is to go to Austria and take the Sound of Music bus tour.
70. Ollie will probably never want to do this with me, anybody want to go?
71. We used to watch a lot of Rick Steve's travel videos.
72. I think it would be fun to plan a trip and do all the things he shows in his video, stay in the same places, eat at the same places, etc.
73. I have never been on a cruise but I'd love to go on one.
74. I do not usually wear makeup.
75. Partly because I am lazy and partly because I really don't know how to put it on well.
76. I have had the same long, straight hair for years now.
77. I don't know what else to do with it because I am lazy and unskilled so would never spend much of any time on it.
78. My favorite thing to wear is a soft t-shirt.
79. And sweat pants.
80. I almost never sweat pants, I look scary in them.
81. I do wear t-shirts almost everyday now thanks to my Target Ultimate Tee collection.
82. I love coffee and anything made with coffee.
83. I really love Starbucks but think there prices are ridiculous so I only treat myself when I have a gift card.
84. Now you know what to get me for Christmas :0).
85. I make a pretty good coffee at home but seldom have the yummy whip cream for the top.
86. I also love Chai tea.
87. Especially Dunkin Donuts' vanilla chai--yum!
88. I would love to be in some sort of stage show someday.
89. I can't act, dance, or sing.
90. The directors of Hannah's theater would probably humor me and give me some sort of dumb part if I asked.
91. Right now I don't have the time but someday.
92. I love to do line dancing because it requires no creativity on my part.
93. I'd love to learn the last dance in High School Musical--"We're All in This Together."
94. And the basketball dance.
95. I embarrass Hannah all the time.
96. I have started a tradition in our homeschool group of running over any remaining cake at our Happy Birthday Jesus party.
97. This really mortifies Hannah.
98. What really makes me laugh??? The Office and potty humor. It's awful. I need to grow up.
99. I used to want to be a clown so I could act stupid and get paid for it.
100. Do I still have any friends now that you know all this crazy stuff about me?

6 comments:

Steph C. said...

Way to go! Hope I am the recipient of some of your great Thai food sometime...

Elizabeth said...

You're so funny!!! I second that, we love Thai food!!!

Lisa said...

I'll go to Austria with you...if you'll twirl around like Julie Andrews and sing with me on top of a mountain! I also fantasize about visiting Prince Edward Island and putting flowers in my hair and running on the cliffs like Anne of Green Gables...

Tiffany said...

Oh yeah, going to Prince Edward Island would be awesome. Maybe we could get some raspberry cordial too. The name of my blog is Hillside Hollow becauset that is what I have named our house. Ever since reading all of the Anne of Green Gables books I have wanted to name my house. Ollie said Hillside Hollow was fine as long as we didn't call it that or put it on a sign. Thanks Ollie.

oneblessedmamma said...

SO I'm getting YOU a Starbucks gift card for Christmas, and Ollie a sign that reads, "Hillside Hollow" in some garish color scheme, LOL. Count me in for the Austria trip too, especially if EC is going too. I wonder if we'd ever STOP laughing on that trip!

Ingle Nook said...

I'm definately in the Austria trip. Set the date!