Thursday, September 27, 2007

Some random things

So, when Hannah woke up yesterday and saw my new totally fabulouso patch pants what do you think she said??? Mom, you're not going to wear those in public are you? Thanks Hannah. Actually I did wear the shorts in public yesterday and they were so comfy and wonderful. Another thing that Hannah said--Last night we were playing SkipBo and I was about to win so I started chanting the cheer, "V-I-C-T-O-R-Y, victory, victory that's my cry!!!" You see, I never win so I was pretty excited. Hannah said, "Mom, I just don't get you." Oh well, I don't really get me either.
I was reading ahead in our "Home Economics for Homeschoolers" curriculum and the section on vacuuming was just too much. This curriculum is christian based and the character is named Faith and I'm just sure she has a "gentle and quiet spirit" and all that stuff. I love how they tie in Bible verses and I've been really pleased with it. BUT--this is what I read last night--
"One of the most important tools that God has given us is a vacuum." This cracked me up. I don't really think of a vacuum cleaner as a gift from God. It goes on to talk about dust mites and allergies and how great it is that we have a vacuum cleaner to keep our homes free from these things. Pretty funny. I am trying to work our way through this book. I have a sweet friend waiting patiently for it. I was supposed to finish it this summer. Yeah right. Anyway, today we will be covering vacuuming, dusting, washing dishes, and maybe even making chocolate chip bars. Pretty ambitious but I have a McD's hazelnut iced coffee coursing through my body so I'm feeling ambitious right now.
I went shopping last night at Joann's and bought fabric to finish my Christmas quilt. Now I'm more confused than ever though. I just need to get started. I'm having a hard time visualizing what I want to do. Right now my only clear goal is to make it really loud and garish. With the fabric I bought I should succeed. :0) I did put back all the Peanuts characters singing Christmas carols but I may have to go back and get it.
Okay, the girls are waiting to start school so I need to let this go. I can't wait to tell them about all the cleaning they are going to be doing today!

6 comments:

Leisa said...

You don't think your vacuum is a gift from God? I am astounded!! I know I am personally thankful everytime I have to drag all 80 pounds of it up the stairs, or when I accidentally suck the 100th little polly pocket or edge of my rag rug into it. It really makes me happy. But I just have that kind of meek and quiet spirit like Faith=)

Melissa said...

You are so funny, Leisa!! I'm glad you're not moving! :)

Julie said...

Thanks for calling me a "sweet friend" that's the nicest thing I've been called all day!

oneblessedmamma said...

I was wondering who the "sweet friend" was, and I KNEW it wasn't me, LOL. I'm with you Leisa-I have a Kirby, and it falls way short of being a gift from God. That thing will suck the curtains OFF THE WALL, but miss the piece of cereal in the middle of the carpet.

Melissa said...

I cannot wait to see the Christmas quilt with all the crazy fabrics and will be considerably disappointed if it doesn't blind me with it's wildness. :)

Steph C. said...

OMG, you guys are hilarious. The book sounds worthy of a good mocking. I guess you'll just have to take the good and let the chaff blow away...since the vac can't seem to get it. :o)