Monday, September 3, 2007
"It's Okay to Throw It Away!"
That was my mantra tonight as I totally cleaned out Grace and Joe's room. I've been wanting to do it for months and after a Starbucks Venti Mocha Frappucino I tackled the job. In the end I hauled out 6 trash bags of stuff. Two were just trash, two for the thrift store, one for a friend, and one for the children's consignment shop. It feels so good to get that room decluttered. All those junky toys--gone!!! I'm sure G and J will not even notice what is missing. If I came across something I wanted to get rid of that I thought they might care about I asked them. It's surprising how much they are willing to part with. My kids have never played much with toys and I see no reason to hang on to things they don't play with. We really have their possessions pared down to what they will play with. It's great! Hannah's room is next!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
WOOHOO! I love how they want to spend time in the clean rooms...proof that organized is better for their little minds. Hooray! If I even THINK about how much money we could have saved not buying all those toys....sheesh.
Doesn't it just give you a "lighter" feeling when you are in there??? Way to go!
Right on Tiff. I spent the whole weekend cleaning and organizing every closet in our house. My motto was if we haven't used it in 6 months it's gone. We had bags and bags of trash and goodwill. The back of my suburban is loaded down. I wouldn't even let myself keep it for a future garage sale. But boy does it feel good to have a place for everything.
Awesome! We did the same thing this weekend, except every room was moved, dejunked and cleaned. I am exhausted today, but it is wonderful to have a clean, organized home. The kids love not being bogged down with all of the things they get as gifts but end up being clutter. I have been praying about how to address this with certain family members. If anyone has had to that let me know your thoughts how to do it without offending.
Post a Comment