
The fort building started yesterday afternoon. I remember doing this as a kid and just loving it so I let them do it. It seems though that the real fun in fort building is not actually playing in it, it's just in the building. Once it's built and taking over the living room everyone loses interest and they are off to something else. Not before filling the fort with everything they own first though. I've reminded them that everything that goes into the fort must eventually be put away but that didn't slow them down. I'm sure there will be grumbling and complaining come clean up time!
2 comments:
I LOVED building forts as a child too. And so did my siblings and friends. Now that I'm a mom, I can appreciate how much our parents must have groaned each time the cushions left the couch, but I'd let me kids to it in a heartbeat too.
Hilarious and SO true. It is the "setting up" of any game that they love, then they are off!
Post a Comment