The recipe for Lentil Loaf!!!
2 1/2 cups dry lentils
3 c. cooked rice
3/4 c. pecans or walnuts, toasted and chopped
2 eggs, beaten
1 onion, chopped
1 cup carrots, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
2 1/2 cups bread crumbs or oatmeal
1/2 cup olive oil
2 1/2 tsp. chili powder
2 tsp. dry mustard
3 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. thyme
ketchup
Boil lentils in water until soft, about 3o minutes. Drain and combine with the remaining ingredients. Season to taste. Add enough ketchup to achieve a thick paste but not enough to overpower the spices. Place in a greased pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes.
Caution: this makes a lot of lentil loaf! It does freeze well though. I actually halved it when I made it. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Yeah! Thanks. It looks surprisingly good AND, I'm thinking, cheap. That's what we need this week...R doesn't like nuts, so I'll probably gring them up so it will still have the taste, but he won't crunch them...
Post a Comment