Thursday, September 13, 2007

I love my curriculum!!!!



I have started my first official curriculum this year and I love it! It's My Father's World, I actually used it last year with Grace so this isn't really my first year using it but it is my first year using it with both girls. It is going so well. It's so simple, yet meaty. Grace is learning to read and I love how they present it. She has been struggling with mixing up her b's and d's. I remember Hannah doing this and someone told me to write the word "bed" and make it into a bed and draw it at the top of her paper. This visual worked great for Hannah and has worked soso for Grace. Well today, her curriculum taught us a new thing. You make the b and d with your fingers. This was just what Grace needed--she is more kinesthetic and this really clicked for her. I've added pictures of her doing school today and holding her "b's and d's" fingers. Also--another milestone for her--she counted to 100 today! I know some kids do this at age 3 or something but she has struggled with it. Until just a month or so ago she couldn't get past 13. Actually she could get past 13 but always skipped it. I was so happy that she finally did it, and she was proud of herself as well. She wanted to go on past 100.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Grace!