Sunday, September 30, 2007

October

Tomorrow is the beginning of October. I have to say that I think this is my favorite month of the year. It's the beginning of the end of hot weather around here. We start to get some cool breezes at night and even some cool days. Sometimes in September you think summer will never end. But October brings hope. The golden rain trees start to bloom and there are blankets of yellow underneath them and then the pink pods start. They are really beautiful. In our town they have scarecrows all over beginning at the beginning of October and lasting the whole month. Every year there is a theme. Last year it was something to do with songs. There was a "Singing in the Rain" display, a "Monster Mash" display, an "Under the Sea" display. They are fun and we always do the full scarecrow tour. I've seen a few up today but I can't figure out the theme based on what I've seen so far. Starbucks brings out the pumpkin spice latte. Wal-mart has the caramel apples rolled in nuts (Happy Apples). I can drink hot coffee at home again in the morning. We don't run our air much if at all in the summer so no hot coffee here. Our night walks are so pleasant and relaxing. No sweating. We start making Christmas lists. We start planning what we are doing for Thanksgiving. I think I will have to celebrate the beginning of Octobertomorrow. Maybe some pumpkin scones for breakfast.

6 comments:

Rackleton said...

Sounds fabulous!!!

Julie said...

I LOVE October too! We just got out our fall decorations tonight!

Grammy said...

I love fall too, this morning it was about 55 degrees and the crisp air was great!! I'm thinking pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips!

Elizabeth said...

Tiffany coming to your house in the mornings is such a treat!! You always have something yummy in the oven....

Thanks for the delicious treat this morning!!!!!

Leisa said...

ooh I want the recipe for the pumpkin muffins and choc chips please

Steph C. said...

Ok, I'll post my scone recipe if you post yours...wait, didn't you say it was in the "book"?