Friday, September 5, 2008

A Can of Worms

I see that I opened a can of worms with my mention of Palin and the election.  Hopefully, I didn't open a can of "whoop-a#%" too.  I really enjoyed reading the comments and hearing all of the different views that we all have.  I would love to have heard her speech, I heard it was great.  I'm sure I can find it online somewhere.  Debi has a picture of her on her blog wearing her baby in a sling.  You gotta love that.  I'm still not sure what I think about the whole thing though.  We'll see.  This race will certainly be an interesting one.  Anyway, enough said about politics.  
It's Friday!!!  I love Friday.  Fridays, Sundays, and Mondays are my favorite days of the week.  Friday is the end of the pressure of getting up early and staying on task.  Just a few more hours and school will be out for the weekend.  Of course I love Sunday--a day of rest.  I love my church so it's a joy to go every week.  Then I come home and usually take a 2 or 3 hour nap.  Then I stay up way too late and have to really work to start my week off on the right foot.  I've blogged before about my love affair with Mondays.  I love a fresh week!  
Okay, I must go and tend to my family and myself this morning.  Ya'll have a fabulous day!

9 comments:

Power Up Love said...

I invite you to visit www.PowerUpLove.com a community of real people sharing real stories about how Love (God) has real impacted and changed their lives. Blessings...

Steph C. said...

Nah, no can of worms... I like hearing everyone's comments and viewpoints too! Another topic I normally avoid but I couldn't resist! ;) Have a super day!

ann marie said...

I don't know why, but I really can't say that I love hearing people's views. The whole thing makes me sweat and get nervous. Politics I mean. What is wrong with me? It makes me more uncomfortable than talking about sex. Seriously, what is wrong with me? I think I just get nervous that someone is going to start screaming. People get very charged up about politics. But I really did love your post Tiffany. I thought it was brave of you to even mention her name because you just don't ever know how people are going to react.
Anyway, have a good day. And I'll shut up now!

ann marie said...

Okay, I sounded very closed minded. I don't mean I don't like hearing people's views. I just meant I get nervous talking politics. That's all. I really respect everyone and their opinions. I had to clarify

Julie said...

I can relate to Ann Marie's comments. I put on the last post that I was enjoying reading eveyone's comments (and I do)...what I almost put and didn't is that some of the comments do stress me out.

ann marie said...

Oh, thank you Julie. I was starting to feel like a baffoon for my comment and was going to go back and delete everything I said!

Steph C. said...

Well I hope my comments didn't stress you out. Sorry if they did!
(I realize that mine are probably the culprit) Sorry again. I will say that I have had people email me privately in agreement on this but did not want to say it publicly. Obviosuly I do not have this issue, lol but do try to steer clear of these topics for these very reasons. I always end up in the hot seat no matter how nicely I say it and guess what? I don't like te hot seat either! Lol But I refuse to not speak truth and endevaor to always do it in love. Sometimes successfully, sometimes like everyone, not successfully.
I think the key is can we have a discussion and still remain glorifying God and loving one another? I think that has been accomplished here.
In His Grip,
Steph

ann marie said...

I agree with everything Steph said. Just not brave enough to say it myself! Thanks for being the wimpy woman's spokesperson! Can I hire you out for my family get-together's?

Anonymous said...

Tiffany,

You can find most of the speeches from both the RNC and DNC on CNN.com...but I am sure you can also find them on FOX or MSNBC. I would check out Palin's, for sure, as well as Rudy Guiliani's.

Heather