Saturday, September 6, 2008

Wow!

Okay, so I truly never anticipated the response to my post.  I have to say that I really enjoyed the "discussion" that went on in the comments.  I learned a lot.  My sister asked if she could have a Poli Sci credit now.  We've been educated!  I have never been much into politics but reading all the comments has made me really eager to take some time out of my crazy life and go do some research on these candidates.  I will be looking for the campaign speeches online.  Especially Palin's.  I just have to hear her for myself and I want to see the little girl fix the baby's hair.  
So, how has your weekend been?  Mine has been really busy.  I worked the "box office" the last two nights for a play put on by the acting company my kids are in.  Thankfully, it's a really good play since I've already seen it twice and will see it two more times next weekend.  I love talking to the people coming in to see the show.  Of course I chat it up with everyone asking all sorts of questions.  "How did you hear about the show?"  "What did you think about the show?" and on and on.  You know me.  I spent my afternoon today at the hospital visiting with IzzyB, the baby I babysat about a year ago.  She has been diagnosed with Hurler's Disease and has a lot of medical procedures being done.  It's amazing what modern medicine can do these days.  Anyway, we pulled her around and around the floor in a little wagon.  It was good to visit with her and her family.  I'm looking forward to a day of rest tomorrow.  I'm reading another "Bottom Dollar Girls" novel and would love some uninterrupted time to read tomorrow.  If you were raised in the south you would love these novels.  The author, Karin Gillespie, manages to fit in every saying, every stereotype, etc. about the south.  It is so funny.  Each chapter starts off with some sort of slogan or something that would be seen on a sign.  My favorite one so far--"If you don't believe in gosh, you're going to heck." Anyway, these books are a fun read.  Well, I'm off to post a most excellent recipe that you all simply must try!
 

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I've been going through a bit of a reading lull...I usually just read Christian fiction, spiritual growth books by Christian authors, or crafting books (in my other than Bible reading time). I haven't been in the mood to read fiction in a while... I may have to check those out.

Lori said...

Per your recommendation "Bet Your Bottom Dollar" is sitting in my stack of "to be read" books. Looking forward to a good laugh!

Randi Sue said...

What play is it?