Friday, September 26, 2008

Day Five--the mountains!

Boiled peanuts, Yoo Hoos, fried peach pies,... that should have been my title. We spent the day in the North Georgia mountains and had a wonderful time! The weather was cool and crisp and very fall like. Our first stop was a big produce place. They sold the best fried peach pies and fried apple pies and boiled peanuts of course. We got some of each and some apple cider to wash it all down and off we went. Our second stop was at a store called "Mark of the Potter." They had a back porch that overlooked a stream with big fat trout. We bought fish food and helped to make them fatter. Then we went to Moccasin Creek State Park for a hike. The hike was great, lots of logs to climb, rocks to hop, and beautiful scenery. No bugs and no mosquitoes! I can't seem to type in between my pictures today--but notice the picture of fall happening right in front of Grace's face. I took the picture and didn't even realize that a leaf was falling right as I took the picture. After our hike we had a picnic lunch and then went to the Old Sautee Store. There we got a Yoo Hoo (coffee for the grown ups) and then went looking for a geocache. Pop and the girls found it and retrieved a little plastic frog. On the way home we stopped back by the produce stand for some veggies to bring home for a salad. We got more fried pies and some muscadines too. Yum! It was a great day!

10 comments:

Ingle Nook said...

looks like such fun! I hate I had to work! Fall in GA is the best!

ann marie said...

Love the pictures...you really are sounding like you are having so much fun!

Cheryl said...

beautiful pictures!! wishin' I was there!

Melissa said...

Those pics are sooo beautiful - I can just feel the cooler air - and no bugs - must be a little slice of heaven!!

Leisa said...

I am soooooo jealous! I want to be in the georgia mountains ~~waaahhhhhhhh~~~

I am glad you all are having a great time. Bring back funnel cake!!

Randi Sue said...

Hey, I have bee to the Mark of the Potter a few times. It is not far from my parents house. I wish I was with you.

Julie said...

It sounds like you're not going to want to come home. What a fun fall trip you are having!

Lisa said...

FRIED PIES....Yummmmmm.....:)

Emily said...

The pictures are so good! It looks like a lot of fun.

Lori said...

Boiled peanuts:)