Monday, September 1, 2008

A Simple Woman's Daybook

A Simple Woman's Daybook for today...September 1

Outside my window...it's humid and hazy. We are being slightly affected by Gustav. They are predicting overcast skies and some wind today.
I am thinking...about a lot of things. Praying for Isabella all the time. Thinking that I just have to learn to get my butt out of bed really early. I haven't gotten up at 5:45 since last Tuesday. And, would Julie consider going to Disney this week???

I am thankful...that my feet are getting better and I'm getting help, for a day off for my hubby, for his job which as a teacher of special needs kids is really secure even in this economy, for my kids who give me so much joy.

From the kitchen...we have some boiled peanuts in the crock pot, they've cooked all night so they are probably just perfect. I have to figure out what I'm taking to the Precepts luncheon tomorrow.

From our homeschool...we start week 2! No Labor Day holiday from school in this house. We have to miss too many days here and there this month so we are working today. My kids don't know it's a holiday. I am really enjoying schooling, I knew I would once I got started. I'm very happy with how much better Grace is doing reading and Hannah has had a great attitude so far and even Joe is mostly being cooperative.

I am creating...a haven at home (I hope).

I am going...to the store later, to Precepts Bible study tomorrow, and that's all the plans I have so far! It feels good to go into a week that is not overly scheduled.

I am wearing...you guessed it--PJs. The funny thing is that I got dressed in the dark and my shorts are on inside out and backwards and my shirt is inside out.

I am reading...about to start another Bottom Girl book by Karin Gillespie. To the girls--we are about to start a Mandie book. And Joe--lots of Mercer Mayer little critter books.

I am hoping...to go most of the week without taking any pain meds for my feet.

I am hearing...just the radio.

Around the house...not too much. We have some cleaning to do...like always but it's not too bad. I'd like to plant some flowers in the yard. By the time they sprout it won't be too hot and we could enjoy some pretty zinnias for a couple of months. It's September! That means only another month or two of heat and then we will all remember why we love living in Florida.

One of my favorite things...Oh Fudge, Oh Nuts Publix brand ice cream.

A few plans for the rest of the week...I think I already covered that. Maybe Disney if Julie is up for it on Wednesday????

A picture thought I'm sharing...


This is Joe and Jake about 2 or 3 years ago. Are they cute or what?

If you want to participate in the daybook, see Peggy here.

7 comments:

Paula said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook entry. Have a great week! :)

Smith Schoolhouse said...

LOVE the picture! I cannot wait until the holidays and cool weather. For some reason that is what the pictures reminds me of. I guess it is the cross between them being in costumes standing next to a Christmas tree! Funny!

Marye said...

thanks for sharing!
I hope your feet continue to feel better. :)
Marye
http://www.simplyhomeremedies.com/simple-womans-daybook-5

flmom said...

One of the beauties of homeschooling ... you can make it fit your schedule as needed!

Julie said...

You know I'm always up for Disney! Are you thinking Wednesday day? We'd want to be back for AWANA.

We had that picture on our refigerator for about two years. Sadly those costumes are in the bin to be brought to Kidzcloset!!

Julie said...

You know I meant refrigerator!

ann marie said...

that is a cute pic.