Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nickelodeon Hotel

If you've been wondering why I haven't posted in a couple of days it's because the kids and I went on a little vacation. We won a two night stay at the Nickelodeon hotel in a raffle last fall. So, we finally made it there! Unfortunately, we couldn't use it on a weekend or during Spring Break or Summer break or any other time Ollie would have off from school so just the kids and I went. The big attraction for us (because it was free) was the water park/pool. We spent all our time either there or in the suite watching tv. Since we don't have cable and really watch almost no tv at home tv watching is a treat enjoyed on our vacations. Our suite had two bedrooms and a living room with small kitchen. There were 3 tvs so we could all watch what we wanted. I got to watch Monk and John and Kate Plus 8 which I had previously said I couldn't get into but totally got into last night. There were three back to back episodes about them taking all those kids skiing. Someone must have paid for that trip and totally bribed them into going. Why in the world would anyone willingly take 6 3-year olds skiing of all things??!! Anyway, back to our vacation. Besides watching tv, we spent many hours at the water park/pool--the kids in the water, me with a book on a lounge chair in the shade. I did ride a few waterslides and had a blast doing so but enough is enough. Mary Higgins Clark was calling my name. One funny thing about this hotel is that everything is centered around sliming. They have a huge sliming everyday at 4:45. You'll get to see a video of that on my next post. In the poolside show kids get slimed, in the nightly show kids get slimed, they sell slime, and so on. Why is this funny? Because today's Nickelodeon has nothing to do with sliming! So, the kids must wonder what the big deal about slime is. Of course, all the thirty something parents remember watching the girl with the black frizzy hair get slimed all the time. I guess they do all the sliming for the parents. The 4:45 sliming was a bit of a disappointment. It's really just colored water. The kids thought it was great though. Enjoy the pics!

Here's Joe right after getting slimed. He was tinged a little green but that doesn't come through in the picture.
The waterslides--the view from my chair where I parked my big butt for most of the day.

Happy kids!
The kid room--they are glued to the tv.
Joe eating his dinner. We made a trip to the grocery store for microwaveable meals and enough food to last for a couple of days. The kids thought these "tv dinners" were just wonderful.

Hannah eating her salisbury steak. I used to love this as a kid!

7 comments:

Smith Schoolhouse said...

I'm jealous. that looks like so much fun! I am very happy for you guys to have had such a great opportunity!

Cheryl said...

sun, slides, and slime! yeah!

great pictures... I was thinking about leaving a smart alec comment about the quiet from your direction.

oneblessedmamma said...

Yep...I'd be totally jealous if it weren't a sin, LOL. Actually, it's my kids who would be jealous. I'm glad you had fun.

ann marie said...

How fun!

Lori said...

Looks like you had a great time:)

BTW, I used to LOVE "You Can't Do That on Television"

Leisa said...

I definitely would want to be slimed!!

Emily said...

That sounds like so much fun! I wish Nickelodeon would bring back some of those old shows. They were so much fun to watch.