Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day Six--Chuck E. Cheese and Football

The last two days have been crazy busy and I've had no time to post so I'll catch you up. I know you are all just dying to know what we've been up to. Ha! Yesterday we met Aunt Lane at Chuck E. Cheese for pizza and fun. My kids have only been to CEC one other time (the last time Aunt Lane took us) and were so excited to get to go again. It's nice to go during the week, we practically had the place to ourselves. We loaded the kids up with tokens and off they went. Hannah's main goal was collecting tickets. She quickly figured out which games gave the most tickets. Joe mostly did the rides and video games. Grace did more of a combo. After spending a couple of hours at CEC we came "home" to rest for a little while before going to Harrison's (my nephew) football game. He is in 9th grade and playing on the varsity team and got to be captain last night. The boys played behind the bleachers and the girls chatted and watched the game, always scanning for #70. It was fun to get to see Harrison play, we usually miss all that kind of stuff.
Here are some pictures from the football game. The one below is Harrison sitting on the bench after getting "clocked" that's football talk for getting hit really, really hard. He got hit in the head and was seeing stars for a little while.

2 comments:

Randi Sue said...

High school football games can be exciting, especially when you know a player.

Cheryl said...

my nephew is playing too, like you I don't get to see him (NC)... maybe I will later this year too.