Wednesday, September 24, 2008
Day Four--A Hodgepodge
We didn't have one big event today but it was a busy day nonetheless. It's always a busy day when we are in GA. We started our day at my sister's school where she teaches drama. Every Wednesday she does chapel for the elementary kids. It is WONDERFUL!!! They do music, skits, learn Bible verses, character, more skits, and more music. Today's topic was self control. Joe said he didn't need to hear that. He'd already "got past that." He learned all about it in preschool and he had it mastered (ha!). I would love to someday do a homeschool chapel and follow my sister's model. She said she'd even come train me and some other moms. Who wants to sign up? After chapel we picked up Aunt Mandy and Brayden and went to Fernbank Natural History Museum. We ended up only seeing the IMAX movie--Wild Ocean. My pass wasn't reciprocal at the museum, we would have had to go to the science center down the road. None of us was up for that so we saw the movie and headed towards home. After some downtime at home we spent an hour or two at a playground. The weather here is beautiful!! I am loving being outside. We spent the evening at an old friend's house. She and I had a blast going through Facebook. She isn't a member (yet). So, we were checking out some of our classmates. After that we bowled, played tennis, and finished off the evening with some boxing. You guessed it...Wii. That thing is sooo much fun! I think I'm gonna be sore tomorrow. I boxed like it was nobody's business. My arms are already hurting. I think tennis was my favorite. So, it was a great day and now I'm off for some rest. Tomorrow...the mountains.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
take picures...and enjoy the day
Somehow I didn't guess about the wii, and I was wondering bowling (OK), THEN tennis (maybe), THEN BOXING?! Funny!
sounds like a wonderful time! yes, take pictures!
I'm so jealous! We miss the mountains so much right now!
Joe- self control comment- funny!
I knew there was something else I wanted to say... I have thought about the chapel thing often now that we have a building. That would be a lot of fun! Like a little 1/2 day VBS once a week!
Home school chapel,, I' m in!
Post a Comment