Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Some Funny Sayings From My Bottom Dollar Book

As I mentioned before, at the beginning of every chapter in these Bottom Dollar books there is some sort of saying.  I thought I'd share some with you this morning for your reading enjoyment.

  • Don't give up.  Moses was once a basket case.
  • My aim is to keep this bathroom clean.  Your aim will help.
  • Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.
  • Why is there always so much month left at the end of the money?
  • Time may be a great healer, but it's a lousy beautician.
  • Look at life through the windshield, not the rearview mirror.
  • Instant Redneck:  Just Add Beer (as seen on a t-shirt)
  • Bacteria is the only culture some people have.
  • Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things.
  • People are like tea bags.  You gotta put them in hot water before you know how strong they are.
  • Want to avoid burning?  Use "Son" block.
  • Despite the high cost of living, it's still popular.
  • Excuse me, but I think your karma just ran over my dogma.
  • Never test the waters with both feet.
  • Still hot!  Now it just comes in flashes.
  • When an old person dies, a library burns down.
  • Do not disturb!  I'm disturbed enough already.

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

great sayings! that was fun, thanks! I have to take some time and read one of those books.

ann marie said...

those were funny...were they seriously all in one book?

Julie said...

So funny, I especially like the one about there being so much month left at the end of the money. In the days when money was tighter, I remember rushing through writing out the bills thinking the faster I went the more likely I'd be to have enough money at the end.

Steph C. said...

Ugh. SOOOO old! Have you NEVER heard these before??
Well, I'm glad someone enjoyed them.
What I actually find to be
never-endingly refreshing is your bright smile and sparkly eyes. Good to see you Tif, even if it was just for Miss Patty Cake. ;)

Emily said...

These are so cute. I love the one about keeping the bathroom clean. If Spike could read, I would put it on a sign for him. I looked for these books at the library yesterday, but couldn't find them on the shelf. I'll look at the other library tomorrow if we go.