Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Facebook

I joined Facebook last week.  There are some old friends from my high school that I've tried to locate over the years and thought I might find them on Facebook.  So far I haven't.  But, I have connected with a few old friends and that has been fun.  I've only been brave enough to send one to my blog.  Not sure if she's reading it or not.  If so, "Hi, Heather!"   I e-mailed one friend, Brent, last night and he e-mailed back asking if I was still as crazy and nutty as I was in high school.  What's funny about this is that my memories of high school are more about me being shy and nerdy.  I know that he and I cut up a lot so I guess maybe he remembers me as being crazy and nutty.  I think he was in this one class with me that I felt really comfortable in and had a really crazy friend in there with me.  We were always playing pranks on people and being obnoxious.  My friend thought it was hilarious to throw a tampon or maxi pad on some unsuspecting boy's desk.  I never laughed about that at all, that was just plain mean.  Really.  Anyway, so it's been fun to e-mail back and forth with a few people but I do feel funny giving them my blog address.  This blog is an open book about my life as an adult (okay, quit laughing) and I've changed a lot since high school (kind of a lot--I don't throw tampons at unsuspecting men just to embarass them).  So, for now I think this blog and my Facebook e-mails will have to remain separate.  That may change eventually but right now it's just weird to be writing back and forth with people I haven't seen or heard from in almost 20 years.  I have to say though that Facebook is fun.  You should try it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You are still nutty and crazy! Thank goodness you don't still throw tampons! Then I would have to explain to Sara what they are! :) And I'm not ready for that yet!

ann marie said...

You are very amusing. I am laughing about this whole tampon throwing thing. Of all the things a teenage girl could do, throwing pads and tampons is pretty harmless. (and funny)... what does that say about me that I am so amused by this.

Jayce said...

hey, figgy! facebook me! haha

Cheryl said...

where did you graduate from?

Ingle Nook said...

I threw a tampon under a co-workers desk just this morning. It was hysterical!

oneblessedmamma said...

Okay, Ingle Nook had me rolling on the floor laughing!

Gabi Bucataru said...

"cut up a lot" ?? what does this mean?? Southern expression?
--steph

Tiffany said...

Hey Steph! Cut up a lot is a southern expression I guess. It means to be silly and do a bunch of dumb things.
Ingle Nook--you are one crazy woman!

Randi Sue said...

I expected that you would have been crazy and nutty in high school after hearing stories about college.